Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 thoughts

Well, here we are 9/11/ 2008. I remember everything about this day when it all happened. I remember the very spot in the classroom that I was giving my music lesson in. I remember the teacher bowing his head b/c his brother was a fireman there. I remember staying late at the school b/c we had so many children that had both parents in the military and they could not go home b/c the bases were on lock down. I remember that Campbell University did NOT cancel classes that night and that was the one time that I missed classes b/c I just wanted to go home and just sit. I remember looking into the sky and not seeing any planes for a while. I remeber thinking how the next day was going to be and that nothing would ever be the same. I did not know anyone in the Twin Towers or in any planes or even in NY City.
So here we are now. Part of me doesn't feel right being at work- part of me wishes that today would be a day of rememberence where everyone has off. But maybe the best way to honor them is to actually go to work.

No comments: